“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It Happens

It was a tuesday night when I,
found loneliness echoes all around;
it’s the only thing that never sleeps,
no matter if I sing lullaby, it rebound(s).

People around me are running for money and,
I feel like am standing still on a way to no where;
So am gonna learn how to walk my way right,
cause I am not meant to stand and stare.

Yea I feel butterflies every time I,
get closer to my dreams;
But I am not gonna bounce back,
cause I have to row down the streams.

Cause it happens, and I am not gonna regret,
for whatever I do;
I don’t care what people think of me,
I am not gonna change their point of view.

I may fall a hundred times but,
I will keep on moving forward by all my will;
cause there’s no option to back off,
better to fall and make up rather standing still.

I know its just a phase to pass on,
Life offers these kinda phases to make us learn;
Some grumble over it; some learn from it and move on,
I am also gonna make it when I’ll get my turn.

I know am living my salad days,
But its a common phase with those who try;
I may feel tired but I won’t stop,
I won’t give up, I won’t cry.
 
Cause it happens, and I am not gonna regret,
for whatever I do;
I don’t care what people think of me,
I am not gonna change their point of view.

~Shreya 
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful...full of optimism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous writing, Shreya!! I especially loved the first three versed ~ penned beautifully!

    "loneliness echoes all around;
    it’s the only thing that never sleeps" SO true!

    Give it your all and never give up! I know you're a fighter :-)x0x

    P.S. ~ I have to highlight your text in order to read it. Glad I can do that but just wanted to mention it ~ brighter colors please :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is very nice. At some point is a bit sad but I find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shreya, just a few days into your job and you have matured into a full blown professional, with a 'never say die' spirit!Beautiful composition! You will go places with this positive attitude...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shreya,

    That is it. Come what may, you should not let go of your dreams. Achieve those is what you have to go for. Very motivating for others too.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Follow your noooose! (And dreams)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Accepting is a best way to move on... hope u appreciate the life that hold for you. Beautiful write up with much confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope this feeling isn't coming due to your job. I am getting this feel because you mention money in the second verse.

    There will be pitfalls and disappointments. But, if you are ready to not give up and maintain the attitude which this poem reflects, nothing is going to take you down. Held you head high and follow your heart.

    Best of Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything will pass :) You are young and you have lots of choices to make. Stay as positive as you are.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)