“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Forever Never Comes

Its 2 o'clock in the morning;
I am staring at the phone and rolling,
but you hasn't called and I;
sit by my window and sigh.

Now am staring at the moon;
hoping you'd call me soon,
but its getting so late now;
imma try to sleep somehow.

And my mind goes into the flashback;
when you said you'll be with me forever,
but forever never comes baby;
so don't say forever, don't say forever.

I am crawling into the loneliness;
I donno what's on your mind and I can't guess,
I hold your memories so strong;
and I think of you all day long.
 
I wish you'd sweep in like before;
and make a soft knock at my door,
and put your arms around my shoulder;
I've got my cardigan on 'cause its getting colder.

And my mind goes into the flashback;
when you said you'll be with me forever,
but forever never comes baby;
so don't say forever, don't say forever.

Am sliding your pictures on my phone;
am lying on my bed and I feel so alone,
I wish you'd wake me up in the morning;
and I'd pretend that I am sleeping.

Putting your thoughts aside isn't easy;
'cause they play in my mind like symphony,
Am tryna sleep with all your dreams;
keeping phone near and gazing moonbeams.

But my mind goes into the flashback;
when you said you'll be with me forever,
but forever never comes baby;
so don't say forever, don't say forever.

~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!

37 comments:

  1. Coming straight from the heart! One can relate to that feeling of emptiness with your lovely weave of words...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this!
    Nice work :)
    Some rhymes sound a little forced though, like loneliness and guess.
    But overall it's lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting and hoping for that one call.. Knowing that it won't come! Very easy to relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely written...words that built visualization!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Hi
    There is a strong undercurrent in it which makes the reader feel it, live it. nice.

    Regards,
    Eon Heath

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing poem cum song. I loved the flow and the ease with which you put those longings into words. I can relate to it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, baby, how it echoes my feelings when waiting for 'him'!Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i tried to call you but i some how lost your number :P

    superb piece :) liked it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly fabulous....well done. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shreya,

    Feelings of someone is let down stated so effectively.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Rahul Sir: Am glad, when reader says that he can relate with writer's words then it means the content is nice. :) Yay ;) Thanks :)

    @PurpleMist: Thanks :)

    @Philo: :) thanks :) xx

    @Rohit: Thanks :)

    @Eon: That was a nice comment, thanks :)

    @Enigmatic Soul: Yea, I know many people can relate with this. This feeling is common. :)

    @Autumn Eliza: Yea, I undestand how it feels like to wait for..

    @Muhammad Israr: Lol, nice comment.

    @Janu: Thanks :) big hugs xx

    @Burhan: Thanks :D

    @quartertoinsane: Thanks a tonne :)

    @Jack Sir: Hmm.. thanks for stopping by. :)

    @Pawan: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Asma: Thanks for stopping by, yea am gonna visit yours soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some powerful emotions evoked in this old heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shreya i simply loved it coz of its simplicity...
    So sweet n rhythymic like d lyircs f an eng song...<3

    Love
    Mani

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Shreya! Loved the rhyming candid emotions up there!
    Straight from the bottom of my heart I could relate to your feelings. Loved it!

    Your latest follower. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes it was sweet and simple without a shroud.

    ReplyDelete
  17. never say forever
    very beautiful poem

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Ben: Hmm.. Thanks :)

    @Mani: :) Thanks :) xx

    @Rachit: Thanks for stopping by and following :) :D

    @P.N.Subramanian Sir: Thanks :)

    @Sm: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely! Emotions showed are so true...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovable shreya... its so fond and romantic somehow :) could easily visualize the moment along with these lass images...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Shreya.
    Very lyrical poem with good rhythm & flow.
    When are you going to add your voice to some of these poems? (smile)
    Nicely done!
    Thanks for sharing & visiting. Always a pleasure to hear from you.

    Harp Of My Soul

    ReplyDelete
  22. Soooooooooooooooooooooooperrrb!!!!:-D

    ReplyDelete
  23. so nice yaar... simple, elegant, beautiful, sweet... lovely i loved it... keep going tc
    http://timetoseedreamzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're welcome :) I love your flow of words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This could definitely be another song creation! Bravo! :) x0x

    ReplyDelete
  26. P.S. ~ The new header is AWESOME! Matches your background *beautifully*!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Anshul, Jeevan, Andy Sir, Rahul, Anjali, Philo, Fiona: Thank you all, glad you people liked. I can't read your blog these days 'cause I just relocated to B'lore and don't have "internet". Aww.. :( poor me. Hope to visit your write ups soon. Missing your posts, and you al miss me too, lol :P God bless y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. "Am sliding your pictures on my phone;
    am lying on my bed and I feel so alone,
    I wish you'd wake me up in the morning;
    and I'd pretend that I am sleeping"

    nice feel Shreya...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful poem which moves along smoothely like a stream - glorious & shining with rippling waves.

    ReplyDelete
  30. nice one...and by the way nice new template!

    ReplyDelete
  31. We do miss you, Shreya! I came back to see if there was any news on your absence. Glad you're safe and I'm so sorry you don't have internet right now :'( Hope you will get it hooked up soon and we'll see you then!

    Take care and God Bless :) ♥

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)