“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Your Address, Puhlease!

Hey.. Peeps.. :) Can you lemme know your address? Um.. K-305, Parker Street. Are you gonna temme something like this? Or 1092, Franklin Avenue? Or something like this: India, Asia, World, Earth, Universe? (You can add your galaxy as well, lol!) If you are nodding your head in yes, then you are normal. Congrats! But it takes being crazy for being great. Being normal is not always okay. I know I am irritating you, so before you log out my page I must come back to my topic. 

You all were right in telling the addresses, but that's not your address. That's the address of your house, that cemented thing you live in. You are an entity, you have your own identity, so you must have your own address, right? But the address you use to tell is your home's address, you own. Are you staring at the screen in disgust and gonna press that Writer Has Gone Mad button below? Carry on, but before that finish reading next paragraph. You may change your decision.

If you use to talk to yourself, or take out sometime for you to meet yourself, or meditate to figure out who you are. Then you can understand this. If you are a victim of fanatic urban lifestyle then this post will sound you a plain crap. In that case you'd love to wring my neck. Lemme tell you, am not drunk. ;) But think over it, temme what you feel for all this. Am I right?


In my facebook profile I have written my address something like this: The day you will temme yours, I'll tell you mine. Its a deal. And I betcha can't. Sounds crazy! No? I love to be. Lol. Use your gray matter, it is meant to be used. Lol! Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

P.S. Inspired by Swami Vivekananda. 

20 comments:

  1. either ur excited or its a caffeine/sugar rush...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @quartertoinsane: Lol! No am not excited nor its caffeine/ sugar rush, I am not drunk either. These are just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are questioning about our very existence,our identity,who we are and where we truly belong..abstract thoughts!!I too question myself sometimes -what am I?Who am I?What am I doing here?...heavy questions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My address is planet earth on some days, Mars on others and Saturn when I'm feeling silly. But most days my address is within my skin and deep inside my soul. That is where I reside. Nice post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in a shoe with my old lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about pluto? :P Do you want to visit me? =D
    Jokes apart.
    It was a thoughtful post. If we think about it, then at times we all feel like we belong nowhere. Our period here is temporary, and we will all leave when our time comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reside in my head. Which is the best place to be anyway, atleast for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sm: Yeah!

    @Rohit: Hmm.. these things sound crazy, but they mean a lot.

    @Tameka: Nice comment :) Thanks for visiting. :)

    @Ben: As expected, lol. :P

    @Philo: Yea, we have to go one day.

    @PeeVee™: Yea, right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my address..
    i will be safe with God...am sure i will c u all there...

    & a very different post buddy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kalai: Thanks :) xx Deal, see you there at the gates of heaven. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Shreya-your post is worth pondering Shreya..passing by ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a good bit of food for thought !

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Sie: Thanks for stopping by. :)

    @R.Ramakrishnan Sir: Hmm.. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shreya,

    Makes one really think hard as the place where we stay is always told as " our address ". But come to think of it, is it?

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Jack Sir: Hmm.. people refuse to understand this.

    @JD: Yea it is sort of confusing. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)