“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Suicidal Blues

Hey.. Peeps.. :) Have you ever gone through depression or series of failures? If yes, then at least once thought of suicide had conquered your mind. Right? If no, then either you are lucky or you are strong enough or you had never took chances. But its okay, its never late to take chances. (I read an article in The Times Of India, and inspired to write this post.)

We humans dream, pray hard to get it fulfilled. When it doesn't happen we kinda lose hope, optimism, belief. We start opposing ourselves. Even a minute setback is enough to let us down. Reflex action weakens, we lose expressions, we get void within. No song, no novel, no movie, no psychologist, no amount of chocolate, nothing can fill that void. We feel helpless, searching options to end life. I too felt same.

I must say: Life is God's gift, ending life is disrespecting almighty. Its never an option. But for peoples who have lost hope, self-esteem, will-power this is the only option flashing in their minds. They lose capacity to judge good & bad, they lose the ability of decision making. Some turn atheist. They go apprehensive. They forget life is never same. But this kinda phase rules over mind and heart, its really hard to come out of it. But: "there is no sorrow that heaven cannot heal". If you feel low, whatever the reason is, just engage yourself in social help, it gives satisfaction, positive energy and moreover a big reason to live.

If I am asked to give examples: then I can list you hundreds of celebrities who have gone through this, they have faced years of setbacks, struggle, low self esteem and then they suffer who will take care of me syndrome. But they hold belief, hope, optimism, and they overcome their flaws, they came back again with full throttle, they rise up like a sinking ship. Remember: "Waves are always on the side of the ablest navigator". Ability comes from failures. Get up! And set your shoulder to the wheel, how long is life for you? As you have come into this world; leave some mark behind. Otherwise where is the difference between you and trees and stone, they too come into existence, decay and die. -Quoted Swami Vivekanand.

We let failure crush ourselves, we consider failure as worst thing ever. Why don't we think its just a phase to pass away? Why don't we learn from it? I too, get hurt by failures. But now I have turned a bit stoic. If you'll read my previous posts of october, september then you'll find them so negative, so pessimistic thoughts. But since I have promised myself to never regret this life: I read positive things, I look at positive side, I write positive, I replaced all sad operatic songs from my I-pod, I packed all my sad paintings, now I don't use dark colors, I use bright colors. I thank Lord for returning me my long lost hope. I owe everything to Him. I am same, living same life, but I know I am gonna make it the way I want, I will leave no stone unturned to make it.

Life is not that bad, we get human birth after 84 lakh births (according to Hindu myths). Even if its not true, then also life is precious. Its easy to live a good life, but winner is one who fights against all odds and fall and again stands up to fight and wins it. Remember: "Winner stands alone", we all feel bouts of loneliness, at times we feel like loser but that's okay. These kinda phases comes to make us strong to travel journey of life, like speed bumps on roads. What we do, we swerve it, or cross it speeding slow. Same is with life. I wish, this world to prosper a lot, may Lord give strength to live life. Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

33 comments:

  1. Love every word of the post...May god give strength and patience to all in tough times

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm.. from pessimism to optimism..the post nicely brightens up.I simply love anything themed on optimism.
    my very first post was on similar theme
    "I love failure"

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you but i also feel that is beautiful.....the feeling of freedom ...the silence ...back to pavalion...its not that bad as we use to think.
    nyways great post, it made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The name germans have for the depression most people feel is Weltschmerz. It is the depression that arises from comparing the world as it is a hypothetical or idealized world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very motivating post buddy... after reading it.. we can feel some kinda strength both physically & mentally...

    God bless... u r normal now... so happy.. tc buddy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant post!! Keep it up!!

    Love
    MAni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I had written similar post some time back and I like to share that with you ........http://dpdhungana.blogspot.com/2011/01/dont-take-life-for-granted.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shreya,

    Read 5 pending posts now. I am all for gender equality but with just one reservation, that is to ensure safety of girls. To clarify, if one is driving after mid-night on a lonely road, a male may get robbed but a girl has to fear worse. We gave equal rights to our children, girl & boy, but did see that she is not exposed to unnecessary risks. Not that we did not worry about son, we advised him also to avoid risks. People deduce all kinds of conclusions as per their own mind. A dirty mind will think the way you narrated in bug bite. Both poems were good but again conveyed what a heart break causes. Almost all of us at some point of time or the other do think of suicide but true worth of a person is to do what you say. I am so glad that you turned positive and found how things look different. A very motivating post.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't thank you enough for this post. I so needed to read such motivational words because depression these days, is taking me over.
    A few days back feeling my efforts have gone in vain I too was thinking ridiculous. But then the thought that I can't be a quitter took it's power and here I am. Everyone in all circumstances should keep moving on :)
    Suicide is just cowardice!
    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Burhan: Thanks :)

    @Vaibhav: Thanks for stopping by. :)

    @Nikhi: Yeah.. welcome back ;)

    @Rohit: Thanks, am gonna read that post you have mentioned. :)

    @A guilty conscience: Yea I agree with you, but definition of beautiful is different for different peoples.

    @The Narcissist: Weltschmerz! Thanks for this info. So much is there to know about. Gotta read about it. :)

    @Kalai: Thanks dear :) xx

    @Mani: Thanks, glad to have you here :) xx

    @Durga Dhungana: Sure, I'll read it ASAP :)

    @Sir Jack: I agree with your comment, but that's what I am saying why do we girls have to fear worse at night? Glad you liked my posts. :)

    @Ben: Thanks :)

    @Ph_: Right, I wish all the best to you :) God bless dear :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this enhancing post on positive aspects and hope. I believe everything is in our hand, and we have medicines within but needs something to stimulate the ability to heal ourselves. Social involvement is certainly a best diversion from sorrow and desperate... Many suicidal thoughts exist in love failure, who fails to love others esp. their dear once and parents and there is a lot in this world to experience and love than the only boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jeevan: Thanks for appreciating, I agree with your comment :)

    @Quartertoinsane: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome post :) Thanks for visiting my blog <3

    Following :)

    Tay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing written up .Life is indeed beautiful.So happy to be here .

    Following.

    Follow back,doll.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bravo, Shreya!! What an awesome post this is! I guess we weren't connected in your 'darker times' because I always see so much light when I come to visit :)

    I must take some time to read a few of those older posts to fully appreciate the metamorphosis that has occurred within you! SO much to savor here in your words, which you never fail to pen beautifully :) When we can personally identify with the topic we write about, I think it has a greater impact on the reader. This is a brilliant example of that :)

    "winner is one who fights against all odds and fall and again stands up to fight and wins it"

    This sums it all up and like they say, it's not about how many times you fall down but how many times you get back up ~

    Thank you for sharing with us, Shreya
    Love and Light to you always :) x0x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Miss Shreya, this was an uplifting post indeed! When bad things happen we tend to think that things will never get better...but they do. Your post has reminded me of all the good things to keep in my mind. Thank you sweet sister.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely post Shreya! So good to know that positive energies are once more holding your hand! I suggest reading ' The Secret' by Rhonda Byrne and see how things change for good! Also remember 'when the going gets tough the tough get going'!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shreya, I thought this too was a sad post when I read the title...but, this is one positive writing. Nice. Keep smiling..life's good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @The Lover: Thanks for stopping by and following :)

    @Izdiher: Thanks :)

    @Fiona: Yea, we weren't connected then. I must say I love changes, n that's what life is all about. Loved your comment. Thanks :) xx

    @Leah: Thanks :) Welcome back, missed your comments :) xx

    @Rahul Sir: Thanks for suggesting that book, will read it. :)

    @Janu: I have stopped writing sad at least till I manage to hold hope. :) God bless :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shreya,

    This is in reply to your reply. That is what is the most unfortunate part. You may call it biological disadvantage. And unfortunately it will not change.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so glad that you have started thinking positive thoughts and have the courage to live life by looking at obstacles as stepping stones to success. God bless and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Suicidal thoughts do come in to all of our minds. But yes, we should never let that thought suppress us. We are all strong. We just need to have the faith and hope that we'll be alright :)
    Life is indeed a gift. We have to look at the better side of it :)
    Count the reasons why you should be alive, and not why you should stop living :)

    Lovely post. Strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Sir Jack: Yeah I agree. Thanks for replying here. :)

    @Sulekkha: Thanks :) God bless you too. :)

    @Philo: Yea, right. Life is a gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I guess everybody atleast once in their life things about ending their life... I wish someone who is depressed finds this post and changes his mind to hurt himself...
    Lovely and inspiring post..

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Madhulika: Thanks, glad you liked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. New Visitor. :)

    Life is not that bad, so true. Like others, I've encountered many trials in life too. However, the people around me kept me going against frustrations and win against dilemma. I may have a frail heart before but because of the people who loved me, I never bought the idea of committing suicide.

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Kid: You are welcome here, I agree with your comment. Thanks for stopping by. :) TC :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. veera ranganath sagarJanuary 10, 2012 at 7:42 PM

    brilliant post,.well said

    ReplyDelete
  29. @veera ranganath sagar: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)