“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Somewhere On Empty Streets

I walk the empty streets gazing at the moon;
with hands in my pocket I kick the street pebbles,
its awesome to feel the silence tune;
away from the city crowd and its babbles.
I donno where it leads but its wonderful;
I stand by a lamp post with my hands crossed,
staring at the running city from the river side;
and the beautiful high towers lighted and glossed.

I donno where I am going;
I am somewhere on empty streets,
With my shadow following me;
I am somewhere on empty streets.

I sat down that river side, gazing at it;
I tossed a stone in the river killing my monotony,
and found I have miles to go now;
and cold wind hugged me giving me her company.
Few people passed by, staring at me;
I turned my eyes off faking a smile,
They returned back the smile and moved on;
and I found a way to mend my heart for a while.

I donno where I am going;
I am somewhere on empty streets,
With my shadow following me;
I am somewhere on empty streets.

~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!

29 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lyrics...try composing musix and we can make it into a song :D good one Shrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a poetic empty street! Good one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it! :)
    Shreya you are rocking my dear!
    Stay smiling always

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a state of mind where you have no control over you while running around towards an unknown destination where you are
    feeling depressed or you are completely ignoring the end result.

    NICE STANZAS

    ReplyDelete
  5. another mind-blowing stuff from shreya's stables...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good quality!

    It fits in perfectly with the images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This poem put to words the uncertainity that I am facing at the moment. Great post Shreya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm there in the moment. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I donno where I am going;
    I am somewhere on empty streets,
    With my shadow following me;
    I am somewhere on empty streets."

    I can envision a song being constructed from verse as the chorus! Another lovely poem, dear Shreya! :) x0x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I donno where I'm going!!
    Musical indeed :)
    Lovely thought, in life sometimes we really feel solitude this way. Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Rosette Princess: Thanks :)

    @The Solitary Writer: Yeah.. actually I roughly turned it into a song, but since I don't have any sense of rhythm so it will spoil the beauty of poem. Will try, when I'll learn some rhythm sense. :)

    @Rahul Sir: Glad you liked :)

    @Janu: Thanks :)

    @Simran: Yay! thanks :) ♥

    @Burhan: Thanks :)

    @Tariq Mian: Thanks for stopping by :)

    @Rahul: Thanks :D

    @Mattias: Hmm.. thanks :)

    @The Narcissist: Yea, these kinda phase comes. Good luck dear!

    @Ben: Oh.. ;) Thanks :)

    @Fiona: Yea.. right.. I will try some rhythm to it. Thanks :) xx

    @Ph_: Yea.. everyone feels bouts of loneliness at a certain phase.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice... I'd say its atmospheric... & good image selection to go with...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thats different from what I have seen here before..well written Shreya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hoping that the road leads you somewhere? :)
    Penned well! The descriptions were very to imagine and follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully crafted..!!!
    Loved your blog..!! The template is awesome :)
    Thanks a lot for stopping by my blog... It means a lot to me..
    Hope to stay connected :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Philo: Thanks :) xx

    @Madhulika: Thanks, I love your template. You have a lovely blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully expressed Shreya....

    http://rimlybezbaruah.blogspot.com/2011/02/our-journey-someone-said-love-happens.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. "its awesome to feel the silence tune;
    away from the city crowd and its babbles.
    I donno where it leads but its wonderful;"

    wow.. lovely writing buddy...

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Rimly: Thanks :)

    @Kalai: Thanks, glad you liked :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you find the right path to follow, Shreya. I really liked this poem, adorable & very honest.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Could visualize and sense the remedy in silence and absent of something. Lovely write-up Sherya :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @TheChronicR: Thanks :)

    @Jeevan: Glad you liked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice one. When I get lost somewhere, I just wander aimlessly.

    "With my shadow following me;
    I am somewhere on empty streets."

    Loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)