“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Friday, December 16, 2011

Someday

I may have lost many times,
I may have got broken, broken;
I may be stupid in thousand ways,
for I'd kept too much unspoken;
But I know imma make it someday,
Someday, someday, ay-ay-ay.. Yeah.

I know the way I am going,
leads to the crossroads, crossroads;
it may be hard to choose one of them,
for it takes long to get those codes;
But I know imma make it someday,
Someday, someday, ay-ay-ay.. Yeah.

Oh if I lose again this time,
it may knock me down, down;
I may be crushed in pain,
for it takes long to turn me on;
But I know imma make it someday,
Someday, someday, ay-ay-ay.. Yeah.

Imma be okay, okay.
someday someday ay-ay-ay.. Yeah.

My Lord has give me so much,
it'd be fair if He takes few of it away, away;
it may leave me feeling rough,
for its not easy to find a way to stay;
But I know imma make it someday,
Someday, someday, ay-ay-ay.. Yeah.

I know I'd be rolling in the bed,
if I have to sleep with a broken heart, heart;
I may feel like completely lost,
for it takes time to mend that part;
But I know imma make it someday,
Someday, someday, ay-ay-ay.. Yeah.

I know people laugh on me,
they think 'am so crazy, crazy;
I may pretend I don't hear them talk,
'cause to forget them is not easy;
But I know imma make it someday,
Someday, someday, ay-ay-ay.. Yeah.

Imma be okay, okay.
someday someday ay-ay-ay.. Yeah.

~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!

35 comments:

  1. Hello.
    Love the musical flow to this one.
    Never let go of your dreams...they do come true & you will make it.
    Nicely done Shreya!
    Thanks for sharing & visiting. I appreciate the comment.

    For ref:
    Firebrand Of The Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. shreya - very nice start and ending :)
    thanks for sharing

    love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shreya,this is a song ! and a melodious one..hope you make it someday soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shreya, you will sure make it someday! Lovely song and so easy to hum..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is destined to be a song, Shreya! I know this is your goal and you are indeed gonna make it some day!!! :) x0x

    P.S. Cool new background ~ L ♥ V E!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved it
    it was so flowing n melodious
    I can hum it around :)

    n the positivity u kept so high in each verse was motivating :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Vaibhav: Yea I have written it like lyrics, may be 'someday' I will give music to it.

    @Andy Sir: Thanks for your nice comment. :)

    @Shama: Thanks :) xx

    @Rohit: Yea, it looks like a song. I wanted to write a song so I did, I have to add music. I will make it 'someday'. :)

    @Ben: Hmm.. Thanks. :)

    @Rahul Sir: :D Thanks :) We can hum together.. lol. La la la.. ♪ ♫ Not bad. ;)

    @Fiona: Yea right, glad you remember this is my goal. Thanks for appreciating new background. :) xx

    @Jyoti: Thanks :) We will sing it together. ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do think of realeasing it as a song...its got a nice tune to it and i love the theme...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful like you :)

    Someday..Yeah!
    That's the way.. :)

    Nice background template :)
    Keep Exploring ..
    Love n hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yoo thats the spirit gal....goin very good...

    Wish u luck, happiness and blessings shreya!!

    Love
    Mani

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://versa-ambiguity.blogspot.com/2011/12/versatile-blogger-award.html#!/2011/12/versatile-blogger-award.html
    i feel honoured to nominate you for the versatile blogger award..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful...just a beat n track is to be added to this one....

    someday someday...ay ay ay:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new look and the melodious creation

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the rhyming sequence.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "I know I'd be rolling in the bed,
    if I have to sleep with a broken heart, heart;
    I may feel like completely lost,
    for it takes time to mend that part;"

    wonderful words buddy.. loved it...
    am sure ur dream is going 2 come true soon..
    my best wishes....

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Priyanka Mohanty: Thanks, and a big thanks for nominating me. :)

    @Simran: Aww.. thanks :) xx

    @Mani: Thanks a lot. :) xx

    @Prakash: Hmm.. I know it needs some music.

    @Madhulika: Thanks :) xx

    @Janu: Hmm.. :) xx

    @sparklemezen: Thanks :D

    @Anon: Thanks :)

    @Kalai: Thanks for appreciating and encouraging. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shreya,

    Read 2 posts now. Congratulations on 100+ followers. It is your writing which pulls us to visit you. Thanks a lot for mentioning me. So sweet of you. This poem shows confidence one has and will surely achieve what one wants irrespective of hurdles faced. Well written.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Jack Sir: Thanks, glad you come to read my write ups. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. nicely written... n be okay now y the wait

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's wonderfully well written poem.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @quartertoinsane: Yeah.. Thanks :)

    @R.Ramakrishnan Sir: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you find time to put real music to this piece ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Melissa: Yea, I put my fingers crossed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely poem! Well-written!

    Love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Steffi Mujral: I have been writing sine grade 6. But then I was too naive to write, my write ups were like primary essays,including so many spelling mistakes. Lol ;) I used to write and hide them in my diary. Then came a long pause in my writing, and then again I resumed my writing via this blog. I am on blogger since april 2011. So I must say I have been writing since november 2010 but started posting in april 2011. Welcome to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. gr88 sounds lyk my story lol ;) bt m nt gr8 at it much ..practice and passion will turn my talent awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Steffi: Yea practice and passion can give you anything you want. I am also not that great, still learning.

    ReplyDelete
  28. yhh i wish both of us ol the best for our hrdwrk n merry Christmas dear

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)