“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Friday, December 2, 2011

I-N-C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E

Life has been rude to me since you've been gone;
no one has walked in my life, and 'am all alone,
when I think of you, I think where did I gone wrong;
its hard for me now to stay that strong,
boy, you come everyday in my dreams to meet;
all this makes me feel so I-N-C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E.

I don't look back now, neither I hold your memories;
its just a phase I know it will go away like breeze,
and I will remove your picture from my locket;
I will burn your love letters; I keep in my pocket,
I will never call you and all your texts I'll delete;
all this makes me feel so I-N-C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E.

I will be okay like I used to be before;
I will learn to heal my heart that is so sore,
this feeling is so hard for me to resist;
I will never talk of love if  it does not exist,
I will never think of the way you used to greet;
all this makes me feel so I-N-C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E.

I will return all your gifts you brought me;
I will be fine as before and I'll be free,
I am not gonna cry for you anymore;
no matter if it aches me to the core,
Its just a bad time, and I know soon it will fleet;
all this makes me feel so I-N-C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E.

 I will bite my tongue whenever I'll see you come;
I'll turn around my way like I have never known,
I know that part of my heart will never be okay;
its life and some wounds never heal, they stay,
I know I have to walk this one way street;
all this makes me feel so I-N-C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E.

~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!

30 comments:

  1. Can i ask you , its about your life ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vaibhav: No.. its fiction, an imagination. I have seen many of my friends after their break-up. So that may be inspiration behind the theme of this poem. I am single, and I don't think I can make love. Love is not for me, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem on heart-break. They are never really that easy to deal with though. And the repetition of the last line was really impressive. Well done. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully penned. This complete poem left me in an INCOMPLETE state of mind! Shreya its good to see you climbing higher in sense of achievement. Also, a sincere thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one ...love is meant for everyone...ur love could be in something else

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice...loved the rhyming sequence...A rhyming sequence limits a poet's choices of words (and thats why i feel like quitting it),still u have conveyed the emotions beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a person to employ what another has felt into their own words is superb to me. I can't tell you enough how much I enjoyed reading this. I was almost in awe before the ending. Well written, Shreya, I look forward for more of your posts. You have a new follower, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hy shreya I agreed being single is good. read my you really likt because it for Single http://stanzaz.blogspot.com/2011/10/single-single-superstar.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the I-N-C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E. Oh, no I just copied for the comment! *stays put for well-deserved legal action*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing blog with amazing poetry!
    I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your I*N*C*O*M*P*L*E*T*E COMPLETELY covered the topic with brilliant emotions and rhymes!!! Hope you never tire of me saying how much I love your poetry, Shreya! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Prakash: Thanks :)

    @Enigmatic Soul: Thanks, glad you liked :)

    @Rahul Sir: Thanks, am flying after reading your words of praise. :)

    @Burhan: Yea, right.

    @Rohit: Yea, I agree with you, but we have to find those words otherwise we will never improve our writing.

    @Ty-shaun Coles: Thanks, you are welcome here. Big thanks for following. :)

    @Vaibhav: Yea, am gonna read it soon.

    @Ben: Lol.. ;) Thanks for stopping by. :)

    @Simran: Thanks, glad you liked. :)

    @Fiona: No never, I love it whenever you drop in saying its nice or written beautifully. This is what I die to hear/ read. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing!
    I guess everyone some how feels Incomplete. With love, or without love, solitaRY or afterglow missery... *Sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hie shreya how much time you need to write poem or a post?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely work. Your poem is filled with such emotion and wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes when a person leaves, the spaces are felt. But yes, we have to move on and build ourselves once again.
    Well written :)
    Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Ph_:Thanks, yea right everyone does. :)

    @Vaibhav: For a post 30-40 minutes, for a poem it depends. Sometimes 30 minutes, sometimes 1 hour. :) Sometimes I leave incomplete and complete it after sometime.

    @Michelle My Bell: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. "I will return all your gifts you brought me;
    I will be fine as before and I'll be free,
    I am not gonna cry for you anymore;
    no matter if it aches me to the core,
    Its just a bad time, and I know soon it will fleet;
    all this makes me feel so I-N-C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E."

    actually i thought its abot ur life... but after seeing ur comment... its a lovely fiction but very true to many...

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Kalai: Yea, people relate post with writer. But its just an imagination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Life is incomplete as we never know what our edge is. If love doesn’t work for me it’s not the mistake of love, and it’s a common phase too to come across everyone as a source of life that does not mean only to exist between a boy and girl led to relationship.

    Beautiful write up and obviously captured the mind-set of someone exits in love.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Jeevan: Thanks for such a nice comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. veera ranganath sagarJanuary 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM

    good writing, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. @veera ranganath sagar: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)