“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Not Gonna Fix It

Everyday I sleep with a broken heart,
hoping for next day to be better;
but days keep passing on like always,
and I keep on posting Lord, my prayer letter(s).
Morning comes with dawn chorus and sunshine,
reminding me there is a chance to mend it;
but it hurts when I try to put broken pieces together,
and again pieces of my heart goes to split.

So am not gonna fix it again,
'cause I know the result is gonna be same;
better learn to live with a broken heart,
rather fixing it and getting it broken apart.

Evening comes with beautiful sunset(s),
teaching me the sun also goes down;
but again I get drowned in the streams of regret,
looking at the broken pieces around.
Night comes with silence and darkness,
telling me everything comes to the end;
I put my hands back-head curling back to loneliness,
again thinking of the chances of my heart to mend.

So am not gonna fix it again,
'cause I know the result is gonna be same;
better learn to live with a broken heart,
rather fixing it and getting it broken apart.

~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!

27 comments:

  1. NIce lines..check out my article
    The Girl i loved. . .
    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=88938
    if u like it plz promote it..am sure u will do it..
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shreya You brought out the hurt and melancholy so well! :( Very well written..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!!!!!!I said it once...I say it again...You are one damn fine poetess...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shreya!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely comment!
    Lovely poem, extremely heartfelt.
    Will be here more often now!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first visit to your blog. I enjoyed your poem. I too like poetry, and the emotions of life. Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. melancholy..

    ashok

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Janu: Thanks :)

    @Sampath Cool:Yea will check yours soon. :)

    @Rahul Sir: Thanks :)

    @Rahul: Thanks, am flying ;)

    @Sakshi: Thanks for stopping by. :)

    @Elise: Thanks, glad you liked :)

    @Ashok: yea, right.

    @Saru: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautifully penned, Shreya. I felt the agony and this is something all of us have or will feel at some point in our lives.

    Regardless of the promises we make to ourselves to not love again, it happens. I guess we don't have control over that BUT one day you will find the person who mends the cracks with an eternal love that won't ever shatter it again :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Broken hearts have a way of healing when you least expect them to.

    Thanks for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful expression. Broken hearts are likely o heal but its a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! I love it. Following you now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't be like that. Everything gets better in time. Be like me; be an optimist with a little bit of realism kicked in. Wishing you much strength and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shreya,

    First visit. Read all current posts. We all have hidden dreams and some of us make efforts to make those come true. Thanks for information on handwriting and brain. Good poems. True faith makes the wounds heal faster. How come broken heart is in almost all poems? Hope not personal experience.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Fiona: Yea, very true. Inspiring comment. Loved it :) Thanks :)

    @Hilary: Yea, right.

    @P.N. Subramanian: Thanks for stopping by. :)

    @Sneha Sunny: Thanks :)

    @Thechronicr: I am optimistic, it just a mood swing, its okay, thanks :)

    @Sir Jack: Thanks for reading latest posts. Broken heart is just a theme I am putting in my current poems. I donno why. :O

    ReplyDelete
  15. sad to hear .. welcome ot my world .. but live we must even if the heart is broken ..

    hopefully maybe one day fingers crossed ..

    You take care

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Bikramjit: Yea.. putting my fingers crossed. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. One day. You will find someone. And he will fix it for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Zeba: Yea, I wish :)

    @Oh To Be A Muse: Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice feel buddy... am sure dat u will learn to live with broken heart dat 2 very happily...

    May God bless u... tc...

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Kalai: Yea, hopefully. :) God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice rhymes...but a little dark I would say...

    Would definitely revisit :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Gopinath: Yea.. agree ;) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)