“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hidden Dreams

Hey.. Peeps.. :) What are your hidden dreams? C'mon don't say you don't have any? We all possess some desires or dreams that are unsaid, unshared. Ain't it? Take a minute and think of it.. what's that thing that you wanna happen or you wanna own? It may be anything: playing a guitar live, having a diamond ring in your fourth finger, getting an autographed football from Wayne Rooney or to own Audi series. Got any? I guess: yes. Right?

I too possess a very strong desire to write songs. Yea this is a very secret, long kept dream of mine. I think of writing lyrics for singers like: Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Leona Lewis, Kelly Clarkson and the list goes on. But I know I am not a patch on them and this is aiming too much. This is sad, but then a fleeting thought comes to me saying every artist learns, fails, re-starts. All this makes my desire more strong.

I donno whether it will turn into reality or not, I only know I will keep on writing. There are many dreams on my list but I know dreaming is not enough. I know it takes a great deal to live your dreams, to chase it, to own it. We have to be masters in being patient, hard-work, optimist & honest. And all this is not a cakewalk.

From past few days I have been reading about song writing. It requires so much, its a long process which includes several levels and so many rejections. Rejections are always heart breaking. Oh God!! But then I think, if I will not face rejections or struggle then story of my life will be boring. I would have nothing special to tell about me. All this separates us from crowd. 

God gives every bird its food but He doesn't throw them into their nests- quoted an author. This line always inspires me. I keep on saying to me: Go confidently in the directions of your dreams, live the life you have imagined. I promised myself: to never regret this life, to never lose hope, to welcome happiness and sorrow with same frequency. I really have to burn midnight oil. So pull up your socks girl, you have miles to go. Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

22 comments:

  1. Shreya,That was a really nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dream is to know something of everything...aspiring to become the 'jack of all trades'..and by the way nice change of header

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FABULOUS post and topic, Shreya! It was a such a pleasure to read and I see hope and optimism echoing throughout the writing :)

    I love the images and the "Plan A" one is so clever and brilliant! Really love that and it's true :)

    May all your dreams come true, sweet lady :) I used to and to a certain degree still do, hope that someone will put music to my words, even if they aren't famous :) x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very thought-provoking and interesting topic.

    Also, spot on. We all have hidden dreams.

    Well, since you ask. My hidden dream is to wake up one day with natural ginger hair instead of my boring dark brown-ish. I know that sounds selfish. But that is the biggest dream of mine at the moment. Ha!

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to either be able to speak a foreign language or play an instrument. Just can't seem to make my brain function in abstract ways which is what language and music seems to me. My son is autistic and sometimes I wonder if I have some of those core autistic tendencies myself.... ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that in most cases we have hidden or unspoken dreams but I have to say in honesty that most of my dreams I have been working on for many years. i have my realistic and semi-fantasy dreams written down and my plan of action on each.

    Over the decades and recently I have shared most of my dreams and fantasies with those in my family, friend and business nircles.

    I do realize there is some thing that I have hidden from myself I will definitely share it with you and your readers. Thank you for you heartfelt writings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Rahul Sir: Thanks :)

    @Rohit: Jack of all trades, hmm.. sounds great. Good luck :)

    @Fiona: Thanks for this sweet comment. *hugs* :)

    @The ChronicR: Natural ginger hair is cool, I too like it ;)

    @Carolina: I wish you could realize your dreams :) Thanks for stopping by :)

    @MBRE Ventures II: Sure, I'll read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go chase your dreams...you might actually write songs for your idols one day...Nice write.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Janu: Thanks for encouraging me. I need it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. my dream is to own an Audi A6...i dont knw..i have it as a dp on my facebook..i fell in love with it as i saw it in delhi...i love it ..:) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @The Solitary Writer: I wish you own it someday, and upload its picture on your page. I would love to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by & commenting on my blog. Will need to spend some time reading through yours--looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi sweety, thanks for your comment. this post is very insightful

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post, and I appreciated your inspiring words on my blog today. Thanks for leading me to your site. I'll be visiting often!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Ann: You are welcome. :)

    @Sam: Welcome and thanks for stopping by. :)

    @Tia: Welcome, glad you visited my page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. At times dreams are all what one needs to live on…(as long as you don’t stay on in the bed)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well said, nice but I have an issue why Boys are missing in your end line :)"pull up socks girls" we do dream too I swear :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Sibt-e-Hussain: Oh.. its "pull up your socks girl" and its for me, it means work hard to improve. Anyways, for you I'll repeat: pull up your socks boy. Happy? Lol ;) God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for told it learns, fails, re-starts,
    I failed lot in my life my dream is be millionaire.

    yeah its way of success patient, hard-work, optimist & honest. Im trying to master on Patience.

    its gr8 inspiration for me god bless you too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey shreya, I also try to learn to write lyrics or song, but lots of times I;m unable to write then i leaved it but i have got hope i will try...

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Vaibhav: Sure, give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)