“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Embarrassing Moments

Hey.. Peeps.. :) What could be the worst embarrassing moment? Here am gonna tell you the worst one happened with me. Grr!! Two days back when I slept I was okay, but when I woke up yesterday morning then I had a red mark on the left side of my neck; an insect bite, I guess. It has no pain, just a mark. And you know what it exactly looks like.. Yeah (you got it right, hmm.. smart, lol) some love bite. Gosh!!

It was okay, but today I went out for some bank work and it was so embarrassing out there. Everyone in taxi was looking at that red mark from the corner of their eyes. So, all the hawk's eyes were on me. I was like: Oh Geez!! I wished I'd worn out some high-neck dress or at least a scarf to wrap around.

So I decided to give them a damn, let them stare. Don't they have other things to look at? At least they can act that they have avoided that highlighted mark, but no.. they locked their eyes there. Wow!! I was honored, Sheesh!! Ain't it insane? Who cares? Ugh!!

Then I reached the bank, I asked the (female) bank employee to gimme the form for mobile banking. She handed it to me, staring at that mark. I heard myself saying: Aww.. not again. She said: what happened over there? Then after a pause and before I explain anything she said: "Oh!!" Pouting her lips out and raising her eyebrows in wonder. As if she knows everything. I said: what oh? Its just an insect bite, you want one? she said: ah!! okay. 

This was really embarrassing, its always embarrassing when the spot light is on you and all the eyes are on you. It felt like: am nucleus and they are electrons moving in an orbit. Blergh!! Finally, I reached home and then it was fine. I wonder how people search that particular thing to point out? I bet, if I had that same mark on my hand then nobody would have asked me: what happened? These are peoples. Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

35 comments:

  1. You said it!If it was on your hand no one would have cared...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - glad I found you on the UBC site Shreya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have guilt tripped them and said I was healing from life-saving surgey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sad.. but what to do, that's how people are..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl, that insect was so mean! You know, it is inevitalbe to not look at that, I bet you would have done the same, lol. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Insect bites are bad but lucky it was not others of far worst. People are such! Great verse!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. make sure ts not some lymph node enlargement or something..ate yu sure ts a n insect bite?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!! I can so relate to this happening and I recall walking around for quite some time with a turtleneck top on even though it was a bit hot for one :D Luckily they were in fashion then for anytime of year ;)

    Am chuckling at some of the other comments he he! :) x0x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am surprised that people notice so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Tor Constantino: Thanks, glad you stopped by. :)

    @Rob: Yeah.. thanks :)

    @Ben: Lol ;)

    @Someone is Special: Yeah, right :O

    @Miss Lego: Yea, I agree.. I would have done the same but at least for some time not for as long as they did. ;)

    @kaykuala: Yea.. it could be even worse, am thankful its just a mark, now fading away.

    @Nikhi: Yea, its just a bite.. no lymph node, cause its fading away now. Thanks for your concern. :)

    @Fiona: Lol.. yea, I sent you in flashback, brush those memories. ;)

    @Renu: Yea, no wonder.. they find out what they should not. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I was just remembering my most embarassing moment. Well i did feel really bad then but now i when I thnk of it I laugh uncontrollably:)
    Nice read shreya and thats a really sweet blog you have here..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure its a great annoy. Its hard to avoid but at least people can stop starring...

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG...I can really really connect to this experience so much....I had my final term exams and I got a red patch on my left cheek...that raised many eyebrows and cheeks can't be covered anyways...so it was damn horrible experience!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A red mark on the neck - it must have been damn embarrassing. Who the hell connects red marks with insect bites! The worst moment is when people steadfastly stare speechlessly :)
    I love the little blue bird who keeps flying up & down flapping his little wings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Madouthere: Yea, its embarrassing but sort of funny. ;)

    @Jeevan: yea.. exactly.

    @Lipsy: Yea, I understand how it had been to carry a red mark on cheek. Lol, it sounds funny but I know it was embarrassing too. ;)

    @R.Ramakrishnan Sir: Yea.. that speechless stare makes me feel like killing them. Yea the bird is sweet. If you want lemme know, will give you the link, simply get codes n have it on your page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. well this is a very nice post. a bit hilarious and amusement :)

    well, people aLWAYS being judgmental. it's ok. HAhHA. YOU MUST FELT LIKE A CELEBRITY :)
    thanks for sharing.

    feel fee to hit my site :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. forget to mention this. i love your header :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I like your writing very much and just love your blog.


    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate embarrassing moments :p

    http://mycupppaaacofffeee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Inspector Saahab: Celeb? no.. it was more worse. Celebs has a benefit, at lest they gain publicity. That's not my cup of tea. ;) Glad you liked my header.. Yay!! :)

    @Cassiopeia Rises: Thanks :) I feel like flying, you liked my writing n blog.. feels good to read this.. yay!! :D

    @Ridx: Yeah.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh dear - that is kind of funny when you look back on it...

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Ladyfi: Yea.. its funny.. but that time it was so embarrassing.

    @P.N. Subramanian Sir: Thanks :) Yea, very embarrassing :O

    ReplyDelete
  23. Truly embarrassing. But the point is, why are some folks always ready to take a sneak peek into the affairs of others? When you or anyone of us are in real trouble, how many of such inquisitive stuffs will turn to us with a helping hand ? Anyways, very nicely written as always.

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Samrat: Yea.. I too donno why they act like this? Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. haha....enjoyed this light crispy post.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a funny incident! People can be so rude sometimes..

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Rohit: Thanks :)

    @Rahul: Yea.. thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. reason behind it is so funny... but actually its an embarrassing one...

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Kalai: Right!! But now its a salty memory ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice post
    But onme thing why the female bank employee always shout on us guys !

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)