“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What If I Die?

What if I die? They will box me singing a sad song;
I know I won't say in their hearts for any long.
They will pray for me saying rest in peace,
and my soul in the hands of Lord will be set to release.

What if I die? Candles will be lighted around me;
there will be no pain, no fear and I will be free.
Lord will submit me in His arms;
and I will be saved from hurts and harms.

What if I die? I will be framed on the wall;
no one will miss me for whatever befall.
I know I won't be in their talks anymore,
for no one will think of me to adore.

What if I die? For all it will never matter;
for some it would be sad, for some it would be better.
People will forget me within a day or two,
will my friends miss me like the way I do?

What if I die? They will forget my name;
and it will be okay for me, no lame.
I will be only in photographs and pages;
for nobody is gonna turn them for ages.

~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!

19 comments:

  1. Nice serious read !! btw What if I die - who will check my emails and clean my browsing history , passwords , etc :) + did you recently read 'My name is red' similar thoughs came in when I read this book infact in the very 1st chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bhupendra: No, I haven't read that book. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    @Janu: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I'd thought the same many times...Well-written..Keep posting!

    Regards
    village girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful lines...
    reminds me of this one http://sachinjalan.blogspot.com/2011/02/desire.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exquisitely presented the content with incredible poetic diction, making the readers stand face to face with the ultimate reality of life, breaking the entire illusory, transient,trivial world of beauty, name, fame and money without evoking much the depression and fright generally associated with death.Again, you held me dumbstruck ( As I am not that good with words, this is all I can say about this post of yours).

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Roopz: Yea, we sometimes feel like this. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    @Seasons: Thanks, I visited the link you mentioned. Its nice. :)

    @Samrat: Oh!! This makes me fly. Thanks for being so kind, for am still a naive at writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautifully written. Makes us stop and think how we have affected others in our lives and if they will remember us once we are gone from them.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anon: Thanks for appreciating. It means a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful post and I really like the images you use too. Are you an artist?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Zifah: Thanks :) No am not an artist, I wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Shreya! --

    I wonder what will happen when I die?

    My favorite line is:

    "What if I die? For all it will never matter;
    for some it would be sad, for some it would be better."

    Nice -- Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda,
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well expressed ! Only a soul with an unfathomable desire to live can think about death. This poem shows me the lust you have in you for life... Great !!
    Also, I don't think that any of such thinks really matters once a person is dead, however its nice to fantasize the concept of beautiful death.

    Keep sharing,
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Pawan: Yea, you are right. Its just an imagination, its not gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well expressed, poetic diction a life "after Death". thanks alot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Sibt-e-Hussain: Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. it poem was good but feeling sad as well happy.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)