“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

More Than A Friend, Less Than A Lover


Boy I close my eyes and dream 'bout you everyday,
when I open my eyes they shatter and tears flow 'em away,
all these things I wanna letcha know,
but am afraid of your answer and I just can't letcha go,
I never wanna all these things get over,
'cuz you are more than a friend, less than a lover.

When I strum the guitar; I wish you could hear,
I write only about you; no one else, I swear.
Boy you cut me to the core;
and its only you; I adore.
I can't breathe when you come closer;
'cuz you are more than a friend, less than a lover.

I donno why I fall for you every time?
me a jerk and you a sublime.
I know you ain't after me;
my heart is the only place you'd rather be.
All day long your thoughts hover;
'cuz you are more than a friend, less than a lover.

You gimme butterflies every time I see you come;
your every touch makes me go so numb.
Now people call me crazy,
and all your thoughts make me go dizzy.
I have kept all these feelings under cover;
'cuz you are more than a friend, less than a lover.

I go into pieces whenever you try me swerve;
even a single girl around you gets me on my nerve.
You are on my mind 24x7,
and it makes me feel like heaven.
I want you to be mine forever;
'cuz you are more than a friend, less than a lover. 

P.S. My creation, do not copy!!

20 comments:

  1. @Zero Hour: Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shreya, you keep me young. :) Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sonia Rumzi: Thanks a tonne for appreciating. It means a lot. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I know this feeling, somehow I love myself now (BC of him) and my man attracts women like flies, LOL but I don't let it bother me. He's mine. ;-) ...Love to you Dear one...well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So close yet so far. :-) Very relatable. Great rhythm and language. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Janet: Thanks for appreciating :)

    @Sweepyjean: Thanks for stopping by :)

    @Nikhi: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great .. heart touching words ..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Janu: Yea.. Thanks Lol :P

    @Harish: Thanks for appreciating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that you love writing and desire to share with others. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. perplexed feelings, thought uttered with simplicity i.e. so difficult. you carried this write-up off in your usual inimitable style - Inspired me. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Sibt-e-Hussain: Thanks for such a nice comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice N Cute..
    I write only about you; no one else, I swear. like this...

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)