“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Monday, October 31, 2011

Beautiful Night

Its 2 a.m. and the world is sleeping; so quiet,
I can even hear and count my heartbeats;
I am still awake; watching the stars dazzling light,
moon is peeping inside my window like everyday it greets;
Its a beautiful night telling me I am not alone,
and these are the beautiful moments I own.

I am lying on my bed; holding a pillow so tight,
empty streets and dancing trees are beautiful to see;
it lands me in the realm of delight,
and its the best place I’d rather be;
Its a beautiful night telling me I am not alone,
and these are the beautiful moments I own.

Fireflies are dancing like stars in the sky,
and trees are playing the background music;
making me feel alive with every moment passes by,
gifting wonderful scenes to click;
Its a beautiful night telling me I am not alone,
and these are the beautiful moments I own.

Cold wind kisses my face and I sigh,
it blows off my candles like it is asking me to sleep;
trees dance for me and sing me a lullaby,
taking away all the reasons to weep;
Its a beautiful night telling me I am not alone,
and these are the beautiful moments I own.

It takes all the bad memories away,
making me feel life is not that bad;
I will thank Lord for gifting me this day,
and for taking away all the reasons to be sad;
Its a beautiful night telling me I am not alone,
and these are the beautiful moments I own.

Moon is sitting by my window in a silver dress,
like it is going to tell me a fairytale;
all about those 7 dwarfs and pirate ships and princess,
till I sleep and forget reasons to wail,
Its a beautiful night telling me I am not alone,
and these are the beautiful moments I own. 

~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!

27 comments:

  1. Shreya, love the way you capture imagery like twinkling fireflies and dancing trees. So many beautiful moments in your world! I’m grateful you stopped by my writing house and let me know you are out there watching the same dazzling stars ;-)
    ~ Wishing upon a star that your life will be filled with many more such beautiful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its 5 am now..I am reading your post, and just wondering how beautiful it would have been, if i would have lived the night you have described about...
    btw it was a sleepless night for me :(

    stay connected!!!
    its me!!! sharan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shreya...I too love the way you capture the night and bring it to life with your words...painting upon a canvas a star lit night...silhouetting the earth below her grandeur..then weaving it into the peace it brings to your heart...lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Its a beautiful night telling me I am not alone,
    and these are the beautiful moments I own."

    Those two lines are breath taking, Shreya! I like the repetition of it in each stanza. I love the entire poem and the beautiful images of night that your words painted right here in front of my eyes!

    Thank you for sharing this beauty with us :) x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well written; poetry can be a window into the soul. I enjoy your word artistry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Debra: Thanks for stopping by, glad to have you here. :)

    @Sharan: Thanks. Yea sometimes we feel sleepless, its really annoying when we wanna sleep but can't help it.

    @Raven: Thanks for stopping by and dropping such a nice comment :)

    @Lady Fiona: Thanks for appreciating, it means a lot. :) xx

    @MBRE Ventures II: Yea, poetry is exactly the same. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great. I loved the way you have started this what you call poetry or poem? I am not so aware these all are because i am a techie. but its nice i can see after reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can never writewith such perfection.
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmmm 2am :) you getting ready to sleep .. lucky I am still working :) he he he

    beautiful poem loved it

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!
    Splendid
    Such a magical poem.....every word is perfect. I loved it specially
    "Cold wind kisses my face and I sigh,
    it blows off my candles like it is asking me to sleep;
    trees dance for me and sing me a lullaby,
    taking away all the reasons to weep;
    Its a beautiful night telling me I am not alone,
    and these are the beautiful moments I own"
    Keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Atish: Thanks for appreciating and stopping by. :)

    @Ph_: C'mon, you are a nice writer. Try you can write :) Thanks for stopping by. :)

    @Bikramjit: Oh.. yea, but I love late night work and all. :)

    @Rosette Princess: Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very vivid imagery..you have rekindled my interests of poem writing..

    ReplyDelete
  13. gud one..yu write pretty well...

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Divgun: Thanks :)

    @Rohit: Thanks for stopping by. :)

    @Nikhi: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully upheld the beauty of a night through simple imageries with careful poetic diction. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Rahul Bhatia: Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This song kinda reminded me of the song Fireflies!
    It was a beautiful composition. Specially liked the lines : it blows off my candles like it is asking me to sleep;
    trees dance for me and sing me a lullaby.

    Sounds so magical!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Moon is sitting by my window in a silver dress,
    like it is going to tell me a fairytale;
    all about those 7 dwarfs and pirate ships and princess,
    till I sleep and forget reasons to wail,
    Its a beautiful night telling me I am not alone,
    and these are the beautiful moments I own"

    Wow.. awesome.. remains me of my childhood hearing tales from my elders till i sleep....

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Kalai: Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey shreya life is beutiful as you had written about nihgts. but we see the trees, environmental, hills ans other natural things but we need see beyond them then we can understand how sweet our life!.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)