“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Yet To Be Named

Hey .. Peeps.. :) Some of my friends call me a jerk, they say: grow up girl.. you are still a kid. But I know am not. I mean I am 22 and big enough to take decisions, to go anywhere on my own and can do all those things a 20 something is supposed to do. Why they call me a kid?? I can't figure out why.

They tease me, play pranks with me, call me with crazy names n I laugh it off, I love all it. Now they are busy with their own lives, their own dreams n duties. I miss those days when we used to enjoy a lot. They are happy I guess, they don't contact me now. If they come online on facebook then too they don't reply my chat (except few of my chums). I am experiencing a big change after college life. Time changes soon; it teaches you everything.

Like other girls I am not fond of shopping, yeah!! I find shopping irritating. People shrug their shoulders in wonder pouting out their lips knowing this. It depends on individual, girls can't be labeled shopaholic. I don't carry lots of make-up kits in my bag. Yea!! I know girls carry lipstick, liners, n I donno what (I can't even name them properly). You will find an umbrella, a handkerchief, a pen, my wallet, my few cards in my handbag (like a grade 10 school girl.. lol!!). I carry my cellphone in my pocket 'cuz I write down any good thought I get in my mind randomly, n I randomly click a lot.

I am simple, n love to be simple. I am grounded. That's the way I am. People say: what are you?? Hard to understand you, they say I am different. I say everyone is different in their own way. I donno what they find different in me. Yea I know sometimes my dopamine stops working, n I start behaving like nuts. Lol!! But I find myself as common as others. Let it be. 

I am happy in books n music. I don't flaunt. I don't want to be an arm candy or eye candy. I always say to my friends: why to pretend?? Be real; whoever you are. You will find same Shreya in my home as well as outside, thing that can be different are: my clothes. I donno why people act different in different places?? If you will ask about me among my friends; they all will tell you similar thing about me. You will get same answer from my each friend. 

This world is a mysterious place, again n again I write this line. I donno how many times more I will write it. My friends know me still they ask me what I am?? I say how many times I have to give my introduction?? n we laugh it off. People sometimes make you feel different. People are people, they will never stop talking about whatever you do. But we are same, we belong to same genus. We feel same for same experiences (as I mentioned in my previous posts).

It doesn't matter for me whatever they rename me. I will be me. I won't change myself for others, unless they deserve. May be I sound rude; but now I won't change 'cuz when you change for your friends then after sometime they change themselves, n its not easy for me to keep on changing for them. Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

18 comments:

  1. life changes after college...
    dont feel depressed...
    once yu get into the next phase of life-job,marriage,kids and all yu will also become damn busy like yur friends....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life does change, with every moment what matters is when u realize and feel it!
    Those who do not except you the way you are do not deserve your attention and care :)
    The best you can offer to world is being yourself.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nikhi: Yea You are right, I have no work these days may be that's why I feel like this. Its okay. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    @Ph_: Yea life always changes. Loved your comment. Nicely explained!! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being you is the greatest gift you can give for yourself.....:-)Keep rocking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, your blog is nice and simple nothing too falshy. One suggesion, on the right side of the blog where the widgets are there, they are not clearly visible as it is in green colour, so may be you can think of changing it.
    You don't change yourself to suit others. People will come, people will go, it's only you that matters. What's the reason behind your blog name, "Iredeem". A nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey can you remove the word verification thing please....Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Janu: Yea; right!!

    @Prashanth: Okay; will remove word verification.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound slightly depressed. Cheer up girl and feel comfortable in your skin. Don't let people dictate you what you should be like and bog you down.
    I am sure you're beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, being you is the greatest thing you can do to yourself. Its a very nice post. It gives a description of your inner soul too . You never want to make yourself conspicuous by doing things that any other gal might do. You do not like much of embellishment stuff. Very nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Komal: I were little depressed. But now am fine :) Life is all about these okay n not okay kinda phases. Thanks for stopping by!! :)

    @Samrat: Yea.. liked your comment. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the part of life .... Everyone can't understand you every time and even you will not b able to make everyone understand what you are and why you are. so b the same what ever you are ... and if sometimes you feel dat you should change yourself for someone .. then you can but be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Harish: Yea.. you are right. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don’t know what happens after growing and being serious in life…
    Well, you must have watched Jab we met ha? :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Deeps: Yea I have enjoyed that movie :) Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. your thoughts remind me of nostalgic childhood moments..i too wrote a poem 'unfulfilled dreams' on similar thoughts..plain,simple,humble,grounded people who remain the same for ages are hard to find...but(don't want to contradict,just expressing my views) in life,to succeed,there are situations when we have to adapt and be flexible/split-personality.one's innate originality never dies!but to express it other one should be also similar na?'being a sheep to a sheep' and 'being wolf to a wolf disguised in skin of a sheep' is my mantra!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Rohit: Yea, I completely agree with your comment. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. YOU wrote about people and its true as my experience...

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)