“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Monday, September 19, 2011

A Day Of A Jerk

Hey.. Peeps.. :) Last night in a chat on facebook I asked my friend to join me at post office ('cuz I have to post an application for an engineering job). She said ok, see you at 10:30 a.m at my place (i.e. at her home), I nodded 'yes'.. okay; bye.

I then logged out from facebook, wore my reading glasses n started reading "Time Theory" on a site, yea these days I am obsessed with Time Theory, I read everything I get about it. n I salute Stephen Hawking for proposing it, and am dying to read his best seller book: A Brief History Of Time. I have been searching for its PDF from past 3 days. I completed reading that page around 2 a.m. n then I turned off my computer.

I went to my bed room, checked my phone, set alarm n laid down on my bed. I wasn't sleepy, it was ticking 2:35 a.m. n my I-Pod's battery was gone.. I was like: shit!! I was bore, gazing my ceiling putting my hands back of my head n thinking.. Yea I use to imagine the stuffs I want in my life, it can be any thing. I do two things these days: Either I write or (when I don't write) I think about writing. Sounds weird?? May be!!

I made a prayer n I donno when I slept. I woke up around 5:30 a.m when my alarm rang, I put my alarm off n slept again (I thought I'll wake up after 10 minutes but I slept, I just blinked n when I woke up it was 9 a.m.. I was like: oh fuck!!) I ran to the bathroom. I knew I have to reach duplicate's home by 10:30 a.m. (Yea I call her duplicate, 'cuz we both have same names.. Funny na??)

I then came to know my mom has to go somewhere n it was important to go. It ticked 9:30 a.m. I logged in my facebook account, saw updates n logged out. Crazy.. no?? Lol!! I then took my breakfast, sips of tea n I got ready, locked my house n left at 10:30 a.m. I was searching for a taxi, but all were full, I heard myself saying: shit!! I was checking time on my watch every 3 minutes. People around there were staring at me (especially few guys) as if I am some Alien (I hate it.. argh!!). I ignored. It took 20 minutes to hire a taxi, I was knowing she will murder me reaching so late. I reached there around 10:55 a.m. I rang her door bell checked the time n I screamed.. Oh fuck!! She came, I told her sorry I am late, she said nothing; its ok.. she understands me so well, love her. She is such a great chum of mine. :)

We left for post office. I had to purchase an envelope; I went to a stationary shop asked for it, I asked the shopkeeper: How much?? He showed me two fingers (as a symbol that it costed rupees 2). I paid n ran for post office. Finally reached post office, a long queue, burning sun- sucking all my body glucose, n we: two jerks with no knowledge how to post. I managed to post n finally posted. Ah.. I took a deep breath.. n then we decided to go to some mall. We went there, enjoyed, her friend also joined us.. n we had a good time. :) 

Sometimes I think life fleets so fast.. I keep on thinking about life n it still continues to be a mystery. Ah.. God knows what's it?? I know this post is a complete bore, I know readers will yawn at it, n they will click on the: "Uh.. Hell" button I made below. I just wanted to post this, n here I did. Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

6 comments:

  1. Life is like a time machine and you need to run behind it.. whatever and wherever.. it goes on..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Raj: Yea, but time machine is a device that can send us in the desired time.. I know time is so powerful. Anyways thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are really a great writer .. its not easy to write your min by min details in such a great way .. at least i can't write like this .. i really appreciate your way to writing .. keep going .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Harish: Thanks for appreciating, encouraging n stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it might seem that d post is a hell.....
    but wat tried to emphasize is d rapidity of the events...hw life moves on from one action & thought to othrs....

    http://ideas-forum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Soumyadeep: Yea.. life fleets so fast. Thanks for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)