“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Strangers' Creed

Hey.. Peeps.. :) World is a mysterious place.. n it is surrounded with mysteries.. We keep on unfolding them.. n this is how we live!! More of it is surrounded with strangers.. yea all around!! Wherever we go; we meet strangers n we try to ignore them giving a "complete blank expression".. some of them are funny, crazy, hard to tolerate.. n the list will go on.. 

But you ever thought about this kinda relation?? I mean two strangers?? Actually there is a relationship i.e. un-named.. We go to shop, purchase things we need, pay for it n come back.. we never say hello to shopkeeper the way we do it with known(s).. Why?? Any answers?? 'Cuz its none of our business.. I mean.. still world is so mysterious to me!!

Today I went for a friend's birthday treat.. We went to "Pizza hut".. A guy opened the door.. saying "welcome ma'am" wearing a fake smile.. he pulled out chairs for us.. gave us the "menu cards", received orders n left saying enjoy.. He was a stranger for me.. but I was accepting everything he did, right from opening the doors to pulling out chairs.. Why?? 'cuz I am there for a purpose; purpose to get my treat.. he was doing all that; 'cuz he is paid for all this!! I had not accepted if all this was done by a street passerby!!

One day I had no change, I was asking all the taxi drivers for change holding a Rs100/- note in my hand.. A guy came from the other side, crossing the road, handed me change n went back.. I thanked him.. He replied: its okay.. What should I call all this?? Ofcourse he was a stranger.. but "sometimes humanity breaks all boundaries".. Ain't it??

Some of the followers of this blog are strangers.. they use to read, comment.. n I used to "like" every comment they post.. n I have no answers.. Why?? May be I like to come to know that this blog is visited by someone.. I donno!! Sometimes its "better to have a question rather than searching for answers".. Yeah!!


Whenever someone unknown gives me friend request on "facebook" I just delete it, 'cuz I donno who are they, I never add strangers.. But yea if I like someone's profile via a group, or page then I do leave a text saying "nice profile".. Yea I do.. no matter if they reply back or not.. I praise all the good things.. no matter if done by an enemy.. Luckily I don't have enemies!!

Another episode involved with a stranger: I was in an auto-rickshaw, the driver adjusted the mirror to position it to my face (it mostly happens, n I hate it every time.. I just try to avoid this shit gazing outside) n I was feeling like.. breaking all his teeth that he was showing while "grinning". A guy sitting next to me was smoking.. I went off the auto-rickshaw.. then he threw the cigarette, n I went in.. he was so irritating, he was asking time (pointing out my watch) every 10 minutes.. n I wish I'd pushed him out of the auto-rickshaw.. :/ 

So this is how strangers come.. but we can't "label" strangers as good/ bad just meeting few.. or on the basis of previous episodes.. But what about those peoples who act like strangers even being in same "grade" past few years ago?? That's the worst category of strangers!!.. 

I wish I meet good ones.. though its not possible always.. but what's wrong in wishing?? Yea.. ;) Winding my prose.. may God bless y'all.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)