“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Perfection Is Boring

Hey.. Peeps.. :) What y’all think about “perfection”?? Is perfection all about doing same thing perfectly or doing something new innovatively?? But mind innovation is need not to be followed by perfection.. but I bet its better to be innovative rather being perfect.. aint it??

I had read it somewhere that: “Perfection is boring.. once you reach there; there is no journey ahead.. n you can stand in a museum as a stool sample.” I agree.. :) Yea; I mean how perfection can be so great that people die to reach there?? Sounds crazy?? May be.. no wonders.. I make my readers raise their brows in wonder n shrug off their shoulders, pouting out their lips.. ;)

For me perfection is a phase where you start limiting yourself.. ain’t it?? Perfection may seem good.. may be you are admired for it.. but it is the starting of the boundary that you start to draw around you; unknowingly .. It is the final beginning of never-ending “pause”.. I spell, P-A-U-S-E!! Yea ‘cuz this is the pause of extending your abilities.. Confused??

Lemme explain you with an example: “There was a boy, he was fond of paintings.. n his paintings were just marvelous.. but his dad never praised him for his paintings.. He always asked for more improvement.. n the boy always made extra effort to improve.. n he was improving.. One day his uncle came n he wondered watching his paintings.. n said you are “perfect” painter my son.. after listening this, son jumped in happiness.. he thanked for admiring him.. but after all this he never drew a painting better than the last one”.. I guess now I am clear?? :O

“I’d love to commit mistakes.. but absolutely not the same one”.. I feel mistakes makes you understand the other options; that we would not be able to see if we never committed mistake. Lemme explain: If we use to reach school through the same road then we can be perfect in walking that way ‘cuz we are familiar to that way.. but it will bring monotony after few weeks.. n by mistake if you turned to the way you never been through, then it may seem long n difficult.. but it yields adventure.. for sure!! Ain’t it??

So mistakes ain’t that bad.. I prefer; do it  but don’t forget to learn from it.. ‘cuz if you never learned from your mistakes then there is no sense in making them!! This post may prove me complete nuts..  some may never click to this blog.. seems like “I am digging my own grave” aint it?? 

Think twice.. I mean.. search for the reason whatever you do.. :) Options are always there.. but we never search for it.. n nobody can help it, if we don't see it!! Winding my prose.. may God bless y'all.. :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice post...perfection is boring.What may be perfect for you may cause irritation in others....innovation? Yes. Adventure? yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for your comment Janu.. :)

    Perfection has different versions depending on individual.. for me its boring.. I love to explore.. perfection is just a limit.. n I won't limit myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)