“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Monday, August 15, 2011

The Grand Ennui

Hey.. Peeps.. :) How is life going?? I am asking as if am gonna get comments to this post.. lol!! Well "Happy Independence Day" to all my "Indian" readers.. Proud to be an "Indian".. Well I love to be a "cosmopolitan- citizen of the world".. :)

Here am spending my days hoping for job.. my whole day goes in searching jobs on internet..!! But no option is working.. :( I get up around 9 a.m. n before that alarm snoozes so many times.. finally when my mom starts screaming on me; then I get up in one take.. just like sleeping dogs get up when you make a "hush" at them.

Then I grumble on this life for being this way (stretching my arms up n back as a symbol of breaking my sleep) n I whisper a little prayer to Lord for bringing a new day to my life.. n then I pick up my phone to check for new texts.. gazing outside the window/balcony, watching kids going school.. uncles n aunties running to catch their auto-rickshaws to reach office.. Old uncles reading newspapers, some watering the plants, some washing their vehicles.. mornings are always beautiful n I spend them in sleeping (curl like a kitten).. yeah!!

Then I take a shower.. Pray to Lord to make my day.. n take breakfast; actually "brunch" lol.. after that I check out my facebook account, gmail account , n this blogger account.. receiving a number of notifications makes me feel good.. :) Then mostly I watch television for an hour or two.. then back to apply for jobs on internet.. reading biographies, blogs, articles n what not.. :)

I take lunch around 2 p.m. or 3 p.m. n go for a nap!! so whole day goes like this.. reading.. writing.. music.. movie.. n whatever I like to do.. I hope to get job soon.. its really boring to spend whole day at home.. :/ then in evening.. I go for a walk.. or water my plants.. I have a little roof garden; here are some pics of my plants:
I post texts..or something that connects me with my friends.. I donno what my other friends are doing, as after college they hardly reply.. mean world n cut throat competition can be two main reasons for this change.. :/

I love blogging.. really this place is much better rather than hoping n waiting for replies from my ex-pals.. yea I must use this word "ex".. 'cuz it seems to be.. :/ This is the place from where I always receive peace n something I fish for.. yea!! 

My I-Pod
So by 9:30 p.m. I get back to my internet n search for my interests.. yea I got my thumb hennaed: "CARTÉ BLANCHE".. :) n at 10 p.m I leave for dinner.. n then I stroll on my roof.. n this is the best time when I stroll under dark sky with my ipod leads at my ears n listening my favourite songs imagining a guitar in my hand n sing the way I love to.. then I chat or write or read something.. then around 12 a.m. I turn off my computer.. n read few pages of some novel.. these days my current read is: "Chasing Harry Winston" by "Lauren Weisberger" n I turn off the lights n make a prayer to Lord n sleep around 2 a.m. or 3 a.m.!!

So this is how I am living these days.. its really boring.. yea.. :/ I am planning something.. will post here soon as I make it.. Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad you like my story.

    Have you looked into writing articles for magazines or newspapers? You won't get rich, but you might be able to help with the bills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, for some reason my first comment decided it had to be there twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment and suggestion Anna :) I will look forward for some article writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great, Shreya! Your day has structure, and you're putting daily energy and effort into the job hunting process. I absolutely understand your frustrations with the whole thing, I promise. As a freelance writer, I spend my days in a similar fashion, with the addition of going to a lot of networking meetings to keep my name and services out there in the local community. I'm convinced that the energy you're putting out there will return to you soon with a wonderful job opportunity. Keep us posted on your progress!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dawn: Thanks for your comment.. it brings loads of positive energy in me.. :)Success has great flavour when it is served with a spoonful of struggle.. n same is with me, n I welcome this phase.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)